Five Social Media Statistics that Might Surprise You
1. Social Media has Overtaken Porn as the Most Popular activity on the Web
Social media is more important than ever, and it's not going away. It's been shown that 23% of Facebook users check their accounts five times or more every day.
2. Almost 190 Million Facebook Users are Mobile Only
If you're using Facebook to drive traffic to your web site, make sure your web site is mobile friendly.
3. The Fastest Growing Demographic on Twitter is the 55 to 64 Age Group
Twitter isn't just for the kids, this age bracket has grown 79% since 2012.
4. A Quarter of People aged 18 to 44 Can't Remember the Last Time they Didn't Have their Phone with them.
If this is your target audience, you need to consider how everything you do works on a mobile device, from Facebook and Twitter to your web site and email.
5. Early Evening (around 5pm) is the Best Time to Post on Twitter to get a Retweet
But early afternoon is the best time to get a click through. Time those tweets carefully. You can use Buffer to help with that.comments powered by Disqus